DS wi-fi game

Discussion in 'Games' started by kingcrowing, Mar 28, 2006.

1. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

straight forward, I wanna get a DS wifi game, should I go mario kart, metriod, or animal crossing? thanks

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd recommend for Mario Kart or Metroid (Haven't got Metroid yet though). They say Metroid is THE online game, missing no features etc.

Tony Hawk has a good online mode. You can view online stats, download new goals, view pro replays. It's pretty smart really. If only the single player had more levels :cool:

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Mario Kart is great, as long as you don't get run over by some ridiculously good players to start off. I'm really looking forward to Metroid:hunters, but unfortunately it won't be available in Europe until May 5th. By then, probably everyone will be able to kick my ass once again. I suppose we'll have to start up a MacRumors Metroid friends list as well....

Here's the Macrumors Mario Kart friends list : link

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

This game looks good, what is your opinion on the game. May consider buying it.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought it was damn fine. My favourite Tony Hawk game yet. I was a huge fan of the first and second games, disappointed by the third onwards, utterly repulsed by THUG. I'm still playing through the single player mode. It's pretty big but could probably be beaten in a few hours if you knew what you were doing. but I'm going along at a steady pace, just got onto the final level.

The graphics are very smooth, no slow down. and the camera was very impressive.

The music is very good. I've turned off a load of tracks (mainly the silly heavy metal ones "I like dirt" etc). but the few good ones there are brilliant. I never knew I liked Greenday till I heard "Holiday". But the music fits the game. Very good.

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Off topic, but you need to listen to the rest of the American Idiot CD that song is from. Brilliant.

Oh, and back on topic, Metroid has been fun so far, but it's just been a day for me, so can't say if it will wear off. I have high, high hopes for Mario Kart, which will hopefully be here later this week. It's always been one of my favorite games, so I could be biased.

9. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Metroid is your friend in this one. Mario kart is great but it gets boring after sometime. Get metroid and join in as i clap All MR members!:) ;)

Bless

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Kart or Metroid. One of those two. They are very different games though. Choos what you prefer- FPS or racing.

12. NerdBoy macrumors member

NerdBoy

If you have the budget for 2, get Metroid Prime: Hunters and MKDS. I've really enjoyed both of those games. If you can get only one, that get metroid. FPS online games are so cool, and Hunters fixes the problems in the multiplayer in Echoes.