DS wont go online. error number 5130...

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, Sep 20, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

before you all go on flaming me, let me assure you that my brother and i spent over an hour searching google and forums and nintendowifi.com and stuff and we can't figure it out. now... i bought mario kart ds and am really excited to play against someone in Figi or wherever. (by the way, i do know about the friend codes... i have that covered.) i'm going to post several pics. and i hope i can put them all into one post. first off a shot of our wireless set up. (messy i know... but it works.) now a shot of what my Airport Admin utility window looks like. it looks incredibly wrong to me because it seems like my wireless netork should be there. (it's called tsunami by the way.) now a shot showing that my DS is finding my network. now a shot showing what happens when i click on 'tsunami' to test the connection. i get an error message that says Error code 51300. i went to that website and found the "help" for that error code but it didn't help me. i would call but i can't speak. (there are other posts by me explaining that one...) this is where you guys come in. (((please help...!))) :confused: :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Have you checked on nintendowifi to see if your router is compitable? Linky

Have you tried manual setup? Linky

Edit, also, ive never had a wireless network, but wont Airport admin only show up... Well, Airport stuff...

3. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Yeah, check the manual settings. The DS can be a finicky device when it comes to Wifi.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

also, make sure your router is set to a min of "802.11b"

on my linksys router there are 3 options: 802.11b, 802.11g and "both".
    I had a similar error as my router was set to 802.11g only.

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

6. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hello. Looking at this screenshot, it looks like you're not using any encryption:

[​IMG]

Q. Do you get the 51300 error even when not using WEP encryption?

Q. Does your Wi-Fi router is set to MAC filtering? If yes, is it set to allow your Nintendo DS to connect?

Q. To what setting is the Treansmission (or multicast) rate of your router set?

Q. Of how many digits is your WEP passcode made?

7. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

that's my biggest thing... what is WEP and where do i obtain that information? what is MAC filtering? how do i change that? is the Treansmission the 802.11 b/g thing. if so, i don't know. how and where do i change that?

8. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

WEP is a type of network security. Most wireless routers give you the choice between A) No security (everyone walking down the street can connect to your network), B) WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy, 40bit key) or C) WPA (WiFi Protection Access, 128bit key) The Nintendo DS is only compatible with no security or WEP security.

By the screenshot you showed us, you're wireless connection appears to be unprotected… So, technically , your DS should be able to connect.

With an airport base station, you can use the airport admin utility. Not sure if you can use this for a non-apple router. Can anyone confirm? If not, you will probably have to assess you're router's configuration panel through your browser. Simply type the router's IP address in your web browser's address bar.

If you don't know what this is it's probably off ^_^. It's simply a way to tell your router to only allow specific devices to connect by typing their address in a list. That's for added security.

Not the same thing. I guess you can change it on your router's configuration pane. (See above).

Here is a post I made in another thread on where to look for some of those things. I used the airport admin utility but things should look similar in your router's configuration pane.

I wa unable to connect to my Airport station with my DS until I lowered the Multicast (transmission) rate to 2. Nintendo DS only supports rates of 1 or 2.

Link

9. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

when i go into Airport admin utility, i get this and when i click on Other, i get a thing that wants me to put in a password and stuff. i'm all confussed. :confused: :mad: should i just sell what i have and go get an Airport Express?

Attached Files:

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Any airport mc'guffin want to help us with this one?

What's the brand of your router?

11. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

First of all... The Apple Airport Admin Utility only works with Apple Branded Airport Wireless Routers. You should locate the model number of your router and brand, punch them into Google to get the setup manual so you can get started.

Second... Is the wireless router supplied by your Broadband Provider? If so, you may not be able to use it to connect the DS.

Third... Typically, you can just surf to http://192.0.0.1 or 10.0.1.1 to access your routers settings, the actual information can be found in the manual.

Fourth... The Wireless Router must be set to have a multicast rate of 2Mb/s since the DS does not use the full 802.11b bandwidth, in order to save battery life.

Once I get an answer, I can assist further.

TEG

12. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i got it from a friend that works at Cisco Systems. it says Cisco Aironet series 340 is all.

13. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Looks a bit more complicated than I expected. You may need a PC to set it up. As it appears to require access to a Serial Cable.

It looks as though it may be easier to pick up a Linksys, D-Link, M$, or Apple Wireless Router, as they can all be configured from any computer.

TEG

14. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i'd rather purchace a $600 roll of toilet paper than get a PC to do anything at all. does anyone here have just a mac(s) and are you able to get online with your DS? if so, what is your configuration?

15. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I at one time tried to set my PowerBook up as a Base for the DS, but it is not possible, because you cannot change the multi-cast rate of the Airport card. As I said, the only way you'll be successful is to buy a consumer wireless access point, the Cisco router you have is supposed to be used in more secure environments, that is why you need a Serial interface to make changes.

TEG

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You should be able to access the router config at http://192.168.1.1
    From there on in it should be fairly straightforward.
    Um, just what would you be getting flamed for?
    "lolz you can't get ur ds online lamer"
    :confused:

17. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, don't buy a PC... but if all else fails, or even just because it would probably be better anyway, buy a cheap Linksys wireless router (or some other reputable brand) and it will be MUCH easier to get working. From your picture it looks like you already have one, but I can't make anything out because it's so small.

I was able to get my DS connected using the Airport (802.11b) card in my PowerBook using these instructions from MacOSXHints but haven't tried it with an Airport Express card or anything.

18. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

hi! just thought i'd let you know that i finally got my DS lite to go online!!!!!! i followed the link above that apfhex sent and it worked! thank you! i found an extra ethernet thing in my room and it's works now. 'cept the internet on my laptop isn't wireless if the DS is online but that's ok.