DSL assistance

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wdlove, Sep 26, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I currently have my DSL with Earthlink, paying $60.56 per month ($49.95 + $9.95 Home Networking + $0.66 USF Fee Recovery) Could drop the $9.95 because my first year of required payment is complete. If I need TS then I would pay the $9.95, which would be good for one month.

I called Verizon, if I have the Freedom plan for unlimited local & long distance which is $54.95. Then the DSL would be $24.95, without the Freedom plan it's $34.95. I was told that Linksys would not work with a Mac Airport Card. Currently using 2Wire 100w, said that it would work with the Verizon modem.

My problem is that Verizon would offer no TS for the wireless. I remember the process of setting the current system. It was very complicated, causing TS a lot of problems. The 2Wire website looks very complicated. I do better with TS if I have a live person to assist me.

I'm in a real dilema. Hate paying the high cost with Earthlink, bust also need TS. Need advice, great appreciate the help from forum members!
  2. zimv20 macrumors 601

Jul 18, 2002
    check http://www.dslreports.com/ for user comments on various DSL providers in your area.

if you're getting good service from a vendor, you might want to consider staying w/ them. dealing w/ shoddy DSL is a nightmare. "it's slow" "no, it's not." "i just lost connectivity." "we show you as being connected."