DSL assistance

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wdlove, Sep 26, 2003.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I currently have my DSL with Earthlink, paying $60.56 per month ($49.95 + $9.95 Home Networking + $0.66 USF Fee Recovery) Could drop the $9.95 because my first year of required payment is complete. If I need TS then I would pay the $9.95, which would be good for one month.

I called Verizon, if I have the Freedom plan for unlimited local & long distance which is $54.95. Then the DSL would be $24.95, without the Freedom plan it's $34.95. I was told that Linksys would not work with a Mac Airport Card. Currently using 2Wire 100w, said that it would work with the Verizon modem.

My problem is that Verizon would offer no TS for the wireless. I remember the process of setting the current system. It was very complicated, causing TS a lot of problems. The 2Wire website looks very complicated. I do better with TS if I have a live person to assist me.

I'm in a real dilema. Hate paying the high cost with Earthlink, bust also need TS. Need advice, great appreciate the help from forum members!

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

check http://www.dslreports.com/ for user comments on various DSL providers in your area.

if you're getting good service from a vendor, you might want to consider staying w/ them. dealing w/ shoddy DSL is a nightmare. "it's slow" "no, it's not." "i just lost connectivity." "we show you as being connected."