Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damooster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
I have figured out how to show other connections in my menu bar except for the one that I need.

I am connected via DSL with my ethernet cable. How can I get a network status icon to show up in the menu bar?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
What kind of status are you looking for? Since DSL is an "always on" internet connection, there is no menu bar item for this.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I have figured out how to show other connections in my menu bar except for the one that I need.

I am connected via DSL with my ethernet cable. How can I get a network status icon to show up in the menu bar?

Assuming you aren't using a router....click the checkbox for "Show PPPoE status in menu bar" under the PPPoE Tab in your Built-in Ethernet settings section.

damooster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
WildCowboy: I was looking for something that showed me what my download speed is and how the connection is.

Lancetx: I'm using TCP/IP, when I check this box I see the icon but it's idle and doesn't do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.