DSL router access on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ChicagoMac, Jan 4, 2003.

1. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

I have both a pc and a Mac in my office. I can access my router by the pc through the dos prompt and telnet, but is there a way to access it from my Mac? If anybody knows, I would appreciate the help.

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

what OS?

What OS are you running? OS X? You can just bring the the Terminal and telnet just as you do with DOS.

The Terminal is located

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal

What kind of router do you have? Does it have a web interface? Most do. You can just use your browser and your IP to get in.

3. ChicagoMac thread starter macrumors regular

How do I get into it though? I found the terminal, but what do I enter to access the router? I've tried what I enter into windows, but it doesn't do anything. if I wanted to access it by my browser, what do I enter there?

4. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Please provide more info. Which command do you type at the DOS prompt? Do you telnet to it? Does your router have a web-based admin interface? If so, just type in the URL to your router into your browser. For example, for my router at home I would type: http://192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's internal address is, your router's instruction manual should tell you).