1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

DTV (Freeware Internet TV) for Mac OS X, Coming Tuesday, Aug...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 28, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

autrefois

Sounds cool! It sounds like this is basically video podcasting, right? I know that podcasting can have video too, but based on their description that's what they're packaging it as.

Take that, Windows! :D j/k, but it is nice to have something big come out for Mac first for a change.

3. macrumors 65816

1macker1

Sounds interesting, I just hope there will be some quality progams to watch.

4. macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Heh, yeah it is. I still find it hard to believe Halo for Mac came out first -

5. macrumors 604

iJon

Does anyone know if this is going to be like the other internet tv stuff that we have going around that only shows their piss poor imitation of tv? I have a feeling I'll be sticking to my digital cable.

jon

6. macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Hard to tell. It all depends on the people that get into making the shows for it.

7. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It was written first, but actually wasn't released until after the Xbox and Windows versions :(

8. macrumors G5

nagromme

Halo was demo'ed first on Mac. So was Doom III :)

Halo actually shipped quite late for both PC and Mac--and slightly later (couple months) for Mac than for PC.

9. macrumors 65816

GodBless

Yeah, I think this is just the beginning of things being developed for the Mac first.

10. macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I hope it becomes big, I can't wait for it to come :)