Dual 2.5 goes to sleep for no reason.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chucksmac, Oct 8, 2004.

1. chucksmac macrumors newbie

This has happened twice. Once the computer went to sleep while I was working. I thought I hit a key command to force it to sleep but who knows. I clicked the mouse and it came back on.

Today while I was writing something, on paper, the computer went to sleep. I clicked the mouse, it came on and went to sleep, I click the mouse the same thing happened, and it did it once more. I finally hit the power butten instead of the mouse on the fourth time and it came on and stayed on.

I contacted Apple and they said I could bring it in for testing/repairs. Anyone heard or had this problem. I went to preferences and set it to where it will never sleep. I am too busy to have it checked so I am going to see how it performs in the future.

C.

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Do you have an optical mouse with a funky patterned mouse pad? It might be that while your typing the mouse moves a bit and the optical sensors get fooled by the mouse pad into thinking your moving rapidly to the sleep corner (whichever you selected). It's just a thought, but it might save you from being without a computer for a couple of days... not to mention the repair bill. ;)

3. Logik macrumors 6502a

agreed, i think he's putting the mouse in a corner where it puts it to sleep. whether accidentally or the mouse moving its way there on its own due to the mousepad/etc (mine has been doing that lately.. no idea why.. i think it's on the fritz).

4. chucksmac thread starter macrumors newbie

none of my hot corners were activated. the mouse was just sitting on my table no pad and the computer went night night.

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Hmmm, well my next thought was engery saver prefs... but that's a stretch at best... this Apple discussion thread lists a smiliar problem. I think the end result here is the guy sent it away to be repaired. :(