Dual 2.7 Power Mac G5 or eMac?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Sep 28, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Just wanted to see how silly that would look.

I wish Apple would release some new products, the conversations here lately are gtting insane. :rolleyes:

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

dude go for the mac mini! lol!! you could get a free upgrade to........ 1.5 ghz!!! that thing would be smoking with its amazing hard drive speed and increased ridiculous graphics capabilities. **** yeah!

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

They need a new product for me to buy. I already have a laptop and a desktop, iPod, AirPort Express, iSight. I would pick up an TV hub thing in a second, but from what Steve said, that won't happen any time soon. I guess I am just going to wait for that iPod Video to spend some more money on. But seriously, they need to do something besides update the iPod line or the Mac Mini line, that is all they do now.

5. Arnaud macrumors 6502

We can also start making our own. (It shouldn't look worse than the Apple I, right ?).

I've got this project building up in my head of re-designing an iBook clamshell (G3-300MHz) of mine. The trackpad was, er, killed when I changed the internal hard-drive (I guess my pliers were a little too thick, they kinda ripped something of... :eek: )
    So basically, this portable iBook needs power supply and mouse, ie, it's not that portable anymore. And I don't really like the casing either.

Well, my project includes a fixed plexiglas frame, tilted at an angle, so it can turn into a part of my stereo. But I lent it to a friend, so I first have to wait until it comes back.

Hmm, now, based on my technical skills etc...
    - probability I ever start that project: 50%,
    - probability I dismount everything: 110%,
    - probability I lose a couple of screws and wires: 10%,
    - probability my wife kills me because of the mess: 75%,
    - probability it works in the end: -23% :confused:

Oh well, I'll give it a try one day... And I'll send a picture !

Anybody else ?

6. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Hmm... well the mini is smaller... :p

Yea, I'm getting desperate. Updating the mini without a decent graphic card is just not going to do it for me. I need something new from the "POWER"line.
    Where is the POWER in Mac these days? If they can't give us something new, they should give us discounts. The "Power"Book is just ridiculous when it comes to specs vs. price.
    Well I pray for Steve to do his magic. :)

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

What we really need is a new Airport Express with better hardware so it will allow DVD Player to send sound to your sound system in Dolby Digital or DTS quality

Or maybe that is what i really need?

8. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Yikes don't joke iGary. My job move (started on Monday) has just seen me downgrade from a 1.8DP to an eMac. Luckily the image tasks are on a different planet but the difference is still big. And going back to a CRT from a flat is hurting my eyes.

:(

9. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Ya.

Isn't this meant to be the year of HD? I want some TV hub, or something HDey... :) APX video streaming? SOMETHING innovative, new, novel (yes, I know they all mean the same thing :))

*sigh*

10. njstaffer macrumors regular

Whoa! You scared me there! I thought you were for real!

(sigh...wipe of the forehead)

I'm glad thats over! :)

11. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

lol great post iGary when i read it i was like theres no way this thread could be serious

12. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

You have my sympathy :(

That's just plain cruel.

13. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

My powerbook is keeping me sane. The job makes up for it though so that's cool.

14. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Hey iGary, staring in awe at your sig... have you ever had a pageout? Just curious..... :cool: