Dual 2.7 Shortages

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by engelhart, Jul 28, 2005.

1. engelhart macrumors member

May 23, 2004
    Just noticed on the Apple Store in the UK, the Dual 2.7 were at 5-7 days shipping yesterday but today they have slipped to 3-4 weeks. Also now at 5-7 days at the US store.

Looks like we are back to either the good old high end powermac shortage days or my guess/hope that we might see a powermac update at the Paris Expo (I am moving to the States in September and want a new Mac!)

2. highres macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2005
    Near the Singularity
    it took me about 3 weeks to get mine, of course I had them configure a lot of extras so it took them a little longer...I feel for ya though because I counted the days after I ordered it and almost went nuts waiting for it...What was even worse is that my 30" ACD arrived two weeks before the tower, so I had to sit there and stare at it for 2 weeks until the tower arrived, however the wait was worth it... :D
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It's possible that we could see an update at the Paris Expo. Especially since Steve will be giving a Keynote. Maybe it will be the long awaited dual core. Should be shipping just in time for Christmas.
  4. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I really hope that they do come out with some new Power Mac's because I am ready to buy one.
  5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The supplier is late with the little clear plastic USB cable caps.
  6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    i also want a new powermac. but wouldn't that be too early?
    that would be only 130 days between updates or so.

the only reason for the early update i can see is that the last update was only a speedbump by 200MHz. But the motherboard and casing are still the same.

i would be happy with a significant pricedrop on the dual g5 2.3. throw in airport/bluetooth for free, 1 gig ram, pricedrop on the GPU's.

even if they realease dual cores they won't be much faster than the dual g5's, so what's the point?

7. hanumang macrumors newbie

Mar 7, 2003
    Top cabinet, 2nd shelf
    Or are you thinking that Apple will only place a single dual-core chip in a PowerMac? (as opposed to 2 dual-core chips)