DUAL 23" ACD Color Calibration

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gman71882, Jun 8, 2006.

1. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

I have a Dual 23" ACD setup on a G5 and i want to calibrate the Displays so they Both Show colors in the same way.
    Is there a way to SHARE the Color Calibration for the Main Display so the 2nd display can use the already existing Color Profile?

Or do i just have to attempt to match the colors up by running the Calibration again?

2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

if you buy a dedicated calibrator ( which i highly recommend that you do ) you can create individual profiles for both monitors, then set them to match each other, that way you will have a uniform color across both screens.

check out the monaco optix XR, i personally own and use that one, and it is fantastic. especially for someone like me who needs critical color accuracy ( photography )

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

This should be quite easy--it should just show up as one of the choices ("show all" if not). Worst comes to worst, go into the Profiles and make a duplicate of it.

That said, I'd think this would be exactly what you WOULDN'T want to do--the whole point of a custom calibration is that it deals with the specifics of that particular monitor, not just the line it comes from. Otherwise, the profile that came with the monitor would always be perfect, and you wouldn't need to do a custom one.

Since they are almost by definition not going to be quite the same, if you're cheap calibrating them each individually is the best you can hope for. But buying a proper calibrator like the previous poster suggeted is really the best option.