dual 2ghz G5's coming

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vanye451, Sep 26, 2003.

1. vanye451 macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with our CDW rep. I had asked about the ETA for dual 2ghz G5's since we're about to buy 3 for work. She said that they have 2,700 due in today or Monday and they have 1,072 backordered. Based on this it seems like people's 2ghz G5 orders should be arriving soon.

:D

(I haven't checked with the other etailers to see what their status is but it would be interesting to hear)

2. AppleManEric macrumors newbie

darn right my friend. I was playing with dual 2 at the local Fry's electronics in wilsonville. All i have to say, is WOW. I opened 15 applications at the same time with 512 mb of ram and the 16th application opened still with only one bounce. That is what i call snappy! AND without a sound, couldn't hear a thing, it was like it wasn't even on!
    eric

3. advres Guest

advres

we just got ours at school. those dualies are the ish!!! I wish they didn't build that super computer so we couldve gotten ours sooner but such is life.

4. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

The one they ordered me at work will be here monday :D

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I noticed that at the apple.com site the Dual G5 delivery is 3 - 5 days. Just need to convince myself to make the jump!

6. AppleManEric macrumors newbie

yeah, they definately kick butt! I am saving up, only 2999 to go!!

7. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Apple UK is saying shipping time is same day! (If you have a stock machine).

8. jcook793 macrumors regular

Yeah, I think Apple is really starting to get caught up on the CTO duallies. Mine was slated to ship on 10/28 and I just got an email that it shipped today! That's 3 weeks early. COOL.

I only ordered the thing about 2 weeks ago. So that's pretty good. Actually they might be ahead of Dell at this point.

John