Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I think this makes more sense than trying to cram a G5 in there. Some people on this forum get so impatient with not having "a G5" in a laptop. Dual core could help cooling and extend speeds past the current line up.

Converted2Truth

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2004
Hell@HighAltitude
G4's do not compare preformance-wise to AMD. They're much slower (but don't generate nearly as much heat). I don't see how a dual core G4 would beat a dual core AMD. But this will be good for powerbook shoppers. Perhaps this will put power back into the powerbook.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Converted2Truth said:
G4's do not compare preformance-wise to AMD. They're much slower (but don't generate nearly as much heat). I don't see how a dual core G4 would beat a dual core AMD. But this will be good for powerbook shoppers. Perhaps this will put power back into the powerbook.

actually in the beginning it going to depend a lot more of the software developers to take advantage of the dual core chips. I bet considering the thier different pipes, G4 and the AMD and the greater x86 line will have better benchmarks in different areas. i.e. video encoding, audio encoding, gaming, photoshop etc. Like now, I believe each processor line with have their own advantage for specific application like it is today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.