Dual G5 Ship Dates Pushed Back!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by void, Aug 29, 2003.

1. void macrumors 6502

I ordered a dual G5 through apple edu on the day of the keynote. It was saying on/or before 8/29. Now it says on/or before 9/26. WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

2. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

Wow. Why is it so badly delayed? IBM or Apple?

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

...and breathe...seriously, I would be just as pissed if I had laid down £2,300+ for a computer that was way over due in the first place, then delayed even further by massive delays between announcement and actual shipping :rolleyes:

4. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

im waiting for my 1.6 .. frustrated.. but i realize that my day will come.. it cant be that far off..

5. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Re: Dual G5 Ship Dates Pushed Back!!!

There should be a question mark there... but.. uhh...

Anyways, when was your credit card billed? Did you call and ask what the reason was for the delay? You have ever right to be pissed... but maybe not "three exclamation marks" pissed.

6. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

adamfilip

yes i agree once you hit 4 Exclamation marks pissed. that almost like.. "i was just fired then i bought a gun pissed"

7. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

this is what you get when you buy a brand new 1G thing from apple... heh, maybe you should cancel your order ;)

8. Playfrsbee macrumors newbie

Mine pushed back to 9/29!

Just checked mine today (8/29) and it was pushed back an entire month (from 8/29 to 9/29). I freaked out for a minute, and then when I called Apple to bitch at them, the service guy told me that these "updated" ship dates might be false, and that everyone waiting for their computer will recieve an email by midnight tonight regarding the true status of their own personal order. We'll see....

Hope this stops some of you from taking a jump off a mountain.

Ethan

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'm starting to think it might be better to wait for rev. b, where we'll find faster processors, higher bus speeds, faster RAM, bigger HDD, faster optical drive, you get the picture--

Plus, any kinks that may crop up in the next few months can be worked out.

And software optimization will be worked out and well under way for soon-to-be releases...

And, of course, the manufacturing process will be smoothed over so that one need not wait 4 months to get one in his hands.