Dual LCD Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by VinnyStabbone, Dec 9, 2004.

1. VinnyStabbone macrumors newbie

I have had a g5 for a while now and just noticed a unique sort of problem with it. I have a 20" and a 17" Flat Screen attached to my Mac and both display colors differently. For example, on the 20" a specific red will appear just as it should, but will appear orange on the 17". I have tried to re-calibrate the monitors several times and called Apple support, but could not fix it. Please help.

Vinny

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

What are you using to calibrate the monitors? Just the built-in application, or a specialized application like EyeOne Match or something?

Also, note that the 17" is older technology and will struggle to match the newer (and brighter) 20" displays.

Finally, how are you displaying the colors? If you are using Photoshop and simply opening an image across the two monitors, or have a duplicate image open on each monitor, you will, I think, have some problems since AFAIK, Photoshop can only convert through 1 monitor profile at a time, and I believe the CMM only uses the system profile, which will be the one linked to your main display. Which means that Pshop will be displaying the same RGB values through a monitor profile for both displays, even though they have unique profiles.