Dual monitor gaming with MBP question!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ich1ban, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

Hi, I'm new to the dual monitor world and was wondering how I could play WoW on full screen on my MBP while having other apps open on the external 2nd monitor?

Every time I play WoW the external monitor goes blank. I am able to play WoW on windowed mode though, but I don't want to play it like that. Please help! Thanks!

2. Savings macrumors member

I've wondered that myself, since I've played WoW with dual-display on both a MacBook Pro and a G5. I don't know of any way to make the second monitor not go black when setting the game to run in full screen, although I don't seem to notice any significant FPS drop when playing in windowed mode on either machine.

If you're just craving the extra screen space that fullscreen provides, you could try one of many programs that hides the top Mac OS X menu bar so the WoW window can occupy that last bit of space.

I'd give the World of Warcraft Mac Support forums a look, though, since Tigerclaw and some of the other Blizzard mac developers are pretty quick to post there.

3. ich1ban thread starter macrumors regular

ich1ban

Alright thanks, I'll take a look.

4. ich1ban thread starter macrumors regular

ich1ban

Ah okay I got it working now just had to select maxmized in the video options of WoW.