Dual monitor problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Axeon, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Axeon macrumors member

I have a 15" Powerbook and a 15" Sony LCD. For some reason, when I put the Powerbook to sleep, it wakes back up and then uses the 15" Sony LCD as the main monitor, rather than just staying asleep. Is there a setting somewhere where I can disable the Powerbook from doing this, or will I have to just keep unplugging the dual monitor before I put it to sleep?

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

huh

You must be putting it to sleep by closing the lid because that is the only way this could happen. That is clamshell mode, it is now using the external display as the main display and the built in one is not even on. Maybe you are "bumping" the mouse or hitting a buttom once it is closed. I do that sometimes and then it turns on in the way you describe. Are you unplugging anything after you put it to sleep? Maybe if you describe exactly what you do we can get a better idea of what is happening.

3. Axeon thread starter macrumors member

I was closing the lid. If I wanted to prevent this from happening, would I simply go to the Apple button on the top menu and choose "Sleep" rather than closing the lid?

4. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

Yup .. that will do it too .. pressing the power button also sleeps a mac ..though I am not sure if that also applies to laptops ..