Dual Monitors......

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MoparShaha, Jun 26, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Thinking about getting dual CRT monitors for an extended desktop. Can I put these things right next to each other (so close they're touching), or will there be interference. Both monitors are gonna be the same model, and using aperture grille technology (not shadow mask), if that means anything.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

Hertz so much

The secret to having minimal interference is to make sure both are set at the same refresh rate. I have two different models and sizes of monitors side by side, and both are set to 100Hz. There is very minimal distortion, nearly impossible to see unless you have a totally nearly black screen. Any difference in the refresh rate, and you will have a horizontal line crawl your screens . ( one up, one down )

Max

One other thing.. If you connect it up to a PM, use both connectors on the AGP card. You will probably need a ADC to VGA adapter.

Max

3. macrumors 68000

topicolo

you can also separate the monitors with a piece of cardboard wrapped in tinfoil.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to getting some screen realestate (stuck at 1024x768 right now :mad: )

5. macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: Hertz so much

<----Just used above info to fix dual monitor setup on pc :)