Dual processor PowerMac G4 Kit : To buy or not to buy..?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Maxwar, Oct 10, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2012
    Well, hello all, new here. Would like advice about a Computer for sale.
    Someone in my town sells a pretty nice Power Mac G4 computer kit.
    Im a bit thorn about it. I think its a nice kit, but was not really looking for it. I mmerely stumbled upon it.
    I collect all sorts of computers and also like to use them.

Heres a translation from the original add:
    Ok so basically thats

-Dual 1 ghz proc G4
    -1,5 gb ram
    -600 gb HDDs
    -Ati radeon 9000 64mb ( DVI and ADC )
    -Gigabit Nic
    -USB 2.0 Card
    -Original OSX Disks
    -Whatever DVD, CD drives comes with the computer.
    -22" LCD monitor ( Cinema display )
    -Keyboard+ Mouse
    -DVI -> ADC official Apple Adapter

Seller says everything is working great. From the pictures stuff looks mint. Guy Ask 250$ to deliver it to my door. ( might be bargainable )

-To buy or not to buy?
    -Good price or not?
    -I think i could use it as a "portable" AV capture station, using a Matrox RTmac capture card. ( bought separately ).
    -Would make a nice addition to my collection?
    -What you guys think?
  2. macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    A better place to ask this may be the PowerPC sub-forum. If you want, you can have a moderator move your thread there. To request a move, click on the triangular report icon on the first post of this thread and request that the thread be moved to the PowerPC section.
  3. Maxwar, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2012
    Actually i thought i was posting on the PowerPC subforum... Must have made a silly wrong-click somewhere, ill do as you suggested, thanks. Sry for the mishap.
  4. macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2005
    I ask myself whether I have a use for it and in that case justify it as not just being a piece of junk I'm collecting. I can justify my Xserve G5 on the fact that its still a reliable file/iTunes server, I don't know that I could justify a mirror drive door G4. It's never really going to be worth much as a computer, they're more likely to fade away into obscurity the way pre G3 macs have now. If you have a use for it then buy it, if you're just saving a machine from fading away into obscurity then consider other options and if its still tempting, buy it.