Dualcore Athlon 64 X2 to launch tommorow Along with Opterons...haha take that Intel.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jiggie2g, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jiggie2g macrumors 6502

jiggie2g

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22676

I know it's a paper Launch but no one was expecting this. Now I really can't wait. :confused:

I guess you guys will be seeing my Cinebench Scores a little sooner then expected.

2. Mac-Xpert macrumors 6502

If Apple manages to introduce dual cores ad WWDC, then they're not too much behind.

With the close relation between AMD and IBM, you would think IBM should be making some progress with the production of the 970MP as well.

3. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Actually, Apple should be the one who feel ashamed/disappointed with no significant progress on their two year old G5 chip.

4. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Maybe they've already produced it and they are going to release them on the same day (we all wish). But thats awesome. The only companies I trust are AMD and IBM (there hence Apple)

5. Bigheadache macrumors 6502

Why? IBM only helped AMD with the SOI process, not design.

6. Mac-Xpert macrumors 6502

Well, with AMD and IBM working together on several projects, besides the SOI process you mentioned, like development of 65nm / 45nm technology at the fishkill semiconductor facility, I could see them also sharing some insights on the production of multicore desktop processors.

At the other hand the 970MP and Dualcore Opterons / Athlons might be too different to be comparable.

7. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Intel has already released their dual core processor the Pentium EE 840 - they released it April 19th.

8. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

excuse me for my not so formal comment....

Take that IBM!!!!! You slow AS*ES!