Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChemiosMurphy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Warminster, PA
Hi everyone.

Is it possible to fake three monitors with Apple Color?

I just got an MXO and want to be able to use the 2 monitor setup in color + the MXO. I know you can't use another video card, but can i get a DualHead2Go from Matrox and fake it?

My rig is in my sig and I have a lone ATi2600 at the moment.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
According to this post on the MXO forums it looks like it should work. There is also this thread at Creative COW that talks about using the TripleHead Digital to maintain a 100% digital signal as the DualHead Digital is VGA in/DVI out.

God blesss Google.

Lethal

ChemiosMurphy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Warminster, PA
According to this post on the MXO forums it looks like it should work. There is also this thread at Creative COW that talks about using the TripleHead Digital to maintain a 100% digital signal as the DualHead Digital is VGA in/DVI out.

God blesss Google.

Lethal

Thanks for the quick reply Lethal!

But crap. The Triple starts at $300 bucks, meanwhile another ATi would have cost me less than half of that.

And can one ATi drive a 1080p panel and two 1680*1050's? For some reason I don't feel comfortable with that kind of setup and plunking out that much money on it. I'll prolly just get another 2600 for final cut and just such it up with color.

Any other opinions out there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.