Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djpob

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2010
To be honest it will probably be cheaper just to head up to Belfast on the 28th instead of waiting until July to pay 21% VAT. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Banquo

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
I phoned them and they will be carrying the wifi and 3G version when it is released with no extra premium so it will be the online price, they are trying to partnership with vodafone though so me as a iPhone 02 user might just get the wifi version, not sure yet :eek: http://www.compub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=89 Anyone want to meetup on irish launch day :)

I'd be up for that! I imagine we'll get a few more off boards.ie, be kinda sad just the two of us :)

Also, I know the guys who run Bang & Olufson on the quays and I'd rather buy it off them. Any chance we could have a meetup there? They'd go through the extra trouble of syncing it so we can actually use it (we can just resync it with our own content when we get home!)

But yeah, sounds like great craic. Get it charged in-store and then head for one in the pub so we can play with our new toys.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I'd be up for that! I imagine we'll get a few more off boards.ie, be kinda sad just the two of us :)

Also, I know the guys who run Bang & Olufson on the quays and I'd rather buy it off them. Any chance we could have a meetup there? They'd go through the extra trouble of syncing it so we can actually use it (we can just resync it with our own content when we get home!)

But yeah, sounds like great craic. Get it charged in-store and then head for one in the pub so we can play with our new toys.

Do bang and oulfson sell the 3G unlocked and i'm 14 so the pub is a no go hehehe but thats near forbidden planet so by the time ipad 3g comes i might pick up the guild #3 and i'll put a thread on boards.ie :cool: When we meet look for the one on the wheel chair with frames on their legs i'm kicking ass to be front of line.

Banquo

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
:)

We've got a few takers on boards.ie by the looks of it already! Cafe is probably best then. There's no shortage of cafes near there, and I'm sure the standard 3e for a coffee will be nothing after spending 500+ on an iPad / cover.

Um, I assume you'll have a parent with you, yes? People my age (24) arranging to meet teenagers over the internet is *slightly* dodgy :D

iPad!

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
OOO hardrock cafe boo ya. Or maybe a late lunch in the good world near grafton :cool: yea my mom will probably be with me or my aunt.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Ok. So I'm going to be at CompuB this friday. In a wheel chair getting a 32GB wifi since they are ripping us off. The folks can hold one for me since ATM i'm temp in a wheelchair. Awesome. Probably not going to a Café though after. Just gonna pull my macbook pro out and sync it in the chair!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.