Dubya

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by beatsme, Sep 20, 2006.

1. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I wouldn't bet the farm on the veracity of this information, but it's an entertaining read about George W. Bush

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thanks for the link, it certainly does make for a good read :)

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

well gee whiz.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Amusing picture, but after seing that I just closed the webpage. Nothing there but slander.

[​IMG]

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Wow, lets just keep close-minded then.

Since when does a photo, make the article worthless?

Id rather you read it, AND THEN said its bias or something.

Sooooo, you really cant call it slander now can you?

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

They're selling Ann Coulter's books??? :eek:

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

8. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Ok I read it, it's biased. If you dislike Dubya, you'll like this article, the author is definately grinding an axe.

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Been around for some time, and it's probably Photoshopped, but it's poignant and remains one of my favorites.

Attached Files:

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

like any of it is not true?

i didnt see that many editorial sentences, mostly facts and quotes.

11. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Oh, some of it may be true, a lot of it may be. But what I see in this article is a loose collection of anecdotes strung together by the authors presupposition that Dubya is...unworthy. I see in their choice of semantics a predisposition to a point of view about Dubya, which makes this an op-ed piece, which is by definition, biased.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Bush fan. My concern is for the body politic. There are far too many people who will read a piece like this and conclude that it IS fact, and not opinion, and will base their judgement on that. That is a gave threat to the efficacy of democracy. Remember, flawless logic based on bad facts is merely a way to err with certainty. I feel that as a people we have a right to expect, and demand better than this of those who would presume to take on the trust of informing us, especially in light of the fact that so many people today have lost the ability to look at any situation objectively, without submitting it to the distorting lense of their emotional reactions.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Kind of like ABC's mockumentary "The Path to 9/11"?

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No, because that was actually filled with a bunch of lies that the writer just made up. This is just a piece that takes facts and tosses in a lot of editorializing. Doesn't really get too slanderous until the end, but even then, still based on real stuff. Except they forgot the part about his opponent in that first election being pretty religious. After he lost, he swore never to get out fundamentalisted as well as always having to be the every man. Which as we all know, he is neither. The man couldn't even name his favorite Bible verse when pressed, and I'm sure you all know he's an Ivy league educated rich boy from Connecticut who's Daddy got him into the National Guard to get him out of Vietnam and he didn't even show up for that.

If anyone can find a mistruth in there please point it out... though I will admit it isn't exactly a Fair and Balanced article. ;)