Dude! Its an XBOX 360!

Discussion in 'Games' started by RobHague, Nov 14, 2005.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

2. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

They have one set up to demo at our nearest Wal-Mart. I'll buy one for Halo 3 and Resident Evil 5, but not before then.

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Pre order, ha ha ha they've been sold out for months. So you should say "if only it wasn't made by microsoft I wouldn't hesitate to sit outside my local target for a week to get one."

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I was going to sit outside to get one (mainly because that night I have nothing better to do so why not give it a shot) but then they released their compatibility list for XBox games and... out of the 30-40 games I own 3 were on the list... 3 of which I don't play anymore. I know that I can still play them on my old XBox but I was planning on getting the 360 and getting rid of the XBox immediately. Ah well... maybe later I'll look into it. A few of the games that I "wanted" for the 360 were pushed back and the few that weren't are available on the PC anyway... t'would be a waste of $400+ to get it right now for myself.

5. RobHague thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they are still taking orders for them around here. If you order the 'core' pack you have a better chance of getting one -- but i dont mind waiting till next year for more stocks to arrive. If i decided to buy one of course...

[​IMG]

6. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Wow that's one big power brick!

Put my order in on Amazon UK a couple of days ago so I should get mine sometime around the release of Windows Vista ;)

Actually i've just checked on Amazon and they are stating that orders placed after the 2nd of November will have a ship date in 2006 :( I may have to cancel my order and lkeep an eye out for stores with them in instead.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i dont have room for that powerbrick anywhere in my house :eek: ;)

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Does the game controller not suck this time? The last controller sucked. Meh, who am I kidding, my PS2 is collecting dust right now. Anyone want to buy a slightly used PS2? :p

9. RobHague thread starter macrumors 6502

So im thinking... Mac + Xbox = Disaster?

You know, get new 360, set it up next to my shiny apple computer... hook it up to my cinema display and BANG! it fries. Maybe its a coincidence? So i go to bed, wake up in the morning to find the G5 on the floor in bits and the 360 sat in its place looking all innocent. I think the 360 is a trojan horse! Microsoft want one in your house to sabotage Apple products! Trust no one. [​IMG]

Why can't Apple make a console anyway? :p the 'iStation' or the 'iPlay' lol :D

10. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They totally should! But I think a better name would be Pippin. ;)

11. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I know what you mean those powerbricks are a pain in the backside...

12. satans_banjo macrumors regular

is that a fake?

if not, that is so ahead of it's time! that's what all the consoles are trying to do today - simulate a computer while being primarily for games. if apple released another, more updated version of the Pippin then it would rule all the other consoles out! networked consoles in the mid '90s? that's so good!

13. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Haha, the Pippin! My friend has one of those... I never got to play it.
    The controller looks bang up-to-date with today's console controllers!

14. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Nope, not fake. Just like the Newton and the Cube :( Amazing ideas so ahead of their time that they were cancelled before any competition arrived

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

so this guy got his 10days early before launch.....good for you....play a few games.....hold up...are there games ready?

that power brick is almost as big as the unit itself.....thats a real block

Bless

16. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I admit the power bricks is large, ugly and annoying, but it's not like macs don't have power bricks either. the mac mini one is massive relative to the size of the computer itself, though at least it's sleek and looks presentable and doesn't HAVE to be relegated to under a table

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

nah not really. I don't know about its popularity outside of Europe but we had the Amiga and its CD32 addon. hell, the Amiga provided more functionality than windows (heh, not hard) with a fully working GUI OS which I think put Apple's to shame. back in the day of course. and it spoke. THAT was an amazing machine/console.

18. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Wait a sec... how are you going to attach it to your cinema display? Doesn't the UberBox360 only come with component?

19. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It can support S-Video, component, and other high-end connectors, provided you buy the right adapter kit.

The old RF converter option is no longer an option, though. (Thank goodness.)

20. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

will there be a way to hook it up eventually?

21. Aarow macrumors 6502a

22. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

No, the one pictured above has the hard drive (on the top of the unit)... the core system does not include the hard drive.

23. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Oh. That's the prettiest Microsoft thing I've ever seen! I wish I had one,:D

24. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I'm confused now. :( . The UberBox has component out (RGB), while the display has DVI in, have you found a converter to do this? For the life of me, I can only find DVI->Component.

25. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Ah. I forgot that the ACD uses DVI... there doesn't seem to be an adapter that will work with DVI. (There is one for VGA.)