dukestreet & jelloshotsrule

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, May 24, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it seems that these 2 guys are the ones who are dominating every single Community Discussion thread lately...

I've found that I'll post to a thread...maybe even 2 or 3 times....and when I return after an hour or so the entire thread is filled with back & forth discussion between the 2...

I think we should dedicate a forum for them so they can gab...he he he :D

2. macrumors 68030

britboy

he he he, being a little cheeky aren't we eye? ;)

At least they're having a good chat...

3. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: dukestreet & jelloshotsrule

i like poking fun at duke, and he's such a sour old man that he likes to make fun of me for being a lazy, dumb, naive kid.... so it works.

i don't much care if we have a thread for us or not. but i'm curious to see what sort of humble way he'll respond to the idea. ha.

4. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Well thier tactics seem to work in increasing thier post counts, I usually only post once in a thread. I guess I have to learn to discuss things more.

5. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what "tactics" are you talking about? oh you mean conversing and talking and joking around and discussing various topics, ideas, etc?

that is a crazy tactic, for this "discussion" forum.

post counts. i mean. i don't get it. who gives a rat's ass? most of us don't even know each other outside of here. does it even come close to mattering in anything how many times they've posted on here?

and anyways, the smarter people have less posts, cause they waste less of their lives away with this place... in my opinion. i just wish i could pull my sorry ass away... ha

6. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....well...I am feeling a bit....outspoken today I suppose...

I'm not flaming by any stretch...I'm more making fun out of it... :D

7. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hey, come on now, I've got 3 thread's with my name in it, this is getting rediculous! I've been planning on changing my name, it might be a good thing at this rate.

So eye, you can't find enough to talk about without starting another silly thread? Sheesh.

So what's the topic of discussion this time, jello? You're girlfriend going to let you play on MR while she's visiting? I hope you find something better to do......:D

8. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i didn't want to flat out attack eye for starting yet another duke thread. i think he's got duke infatuation. ha

hmm.... i am a good catholic remember. hehe. we're gonna golf alot. maybe we'll hit up the apple store. she's never been to one... so no time like the present, eh? haha.

i won't be posting on here much if at all.... here's a bit of food for thought though. apple has had kinda big announcements/events for 3 straight weeks (maybe more?). wwdc. xserve. ibooks....

so, what's on tap for next week? hehe...

seriously though, i'm so pumped about the company popping out new things all over the place..... quite fun to watch/talk about....

9. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What store you going to hit, Tysons?

I'm going to Charlotteville and Monticello tomorrow, so I'll be out of the aciton as well. Need to give everyone else a chance, now don't we.

And I wasn't busting on eye (too much), all these threads, you don't want them to go to my head, now do you?

10. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not sure if we will or not. but if we do, yeah, tysons... i need to get my bro to buy a tibook already...

enjoy the sightseeing.... or whatever you'll be doing... sounds fun. i remember my trips there as a kid... hmmm. not all that exciting actually. ha.

of course not... and yeah, he needs time to catch up... this weekend he'll probably get like 500 posts... ha... ahh... who cares. hmm

11. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha ha!!! :D

I just cannot keep up lately...things have been completely f***ed at work...no time for much posting at this point...

but I thought...if I can't beat 'em...join 'em...he he he

and no worries...once jefhatfield dedicated an entire thread to to find out about me... ;)

12. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Oh, I'm far from worried, I'm just giving you some crap. So was this the 'Save Eyelikeart' thread or are we talking about a totally different one?

13. macrumors G3

I know how you feel eye..... I've got a similar thing here....... :( not been around on the forums for days.......

Anyway what's going on here anyway??? are things getting alittle heated??

14. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...I forgot how the "Save Eyelikeart" campaign even launched...but it did put a huge smile on my face...one of the funniest things I'd seen here... :D

I think this one was about 6 months ago maybe?? I could search for it...but I do not have the time to get it all straight...

15. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...it's called disorderly mayhem...they keep giving me too much s**t to do...and I'm to the point where I cannot get the work out anymore...

I think I'm going into hiding after today is over... :eek: ;)

16. macrumors G3

heh heh..... don't you just love work!!

The forums have gone mental in the few days since I was last here!! I hate missing out!!

Seems like everythings been turbocharged!!

17. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Last night was crazy, I was going to go see SW again and I had to get in a couple extra posts, too much happening. But its fun.

18. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

don't even get me started... :(

I just need a vacation from everything

19. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, it is a long weekend, you have a new car, get in it and drive somewhere and get out of the city.......

20. macrumors 68030

britboy

Particularly from macrumors :p

21. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

no kidding...I'm supposed to head out to Destin, FL next weekend...

I wish I could move it up to this weekend...

22. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm starting think that some myself. Since I won't be around tomorrow and most of Sunday, it should be a nice break. As long as I don't find a coffee shop with a free internet connection - which happened to me at the beach last month, not a good thing, no.

23. thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

there are a few of those around here....dial up...kinda sucks...but then again...it's a connection...

I try not to do it though...I know I'll never leave if I do...he he he ;)

24. macrumors G3

I share your pain........ I need to get away as well....... :( I'm considering a long weekend break soon maybe Iceland or Finland, somewhere different... Scandinavia  maybe...... I understand that the mountain biking is outrageously good around there!!

Not sure if you've seen this website eye, but I know you like your photography.......

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/features/onTheRoad/home/index.shtml

Cool concept..... I'd love to do something similar but with DV........ I'm in the middle of editing my own short film, with the footage I took whilst driving up the Pacific coast to seattle a couple of years back...... it keeps me sane and creative and is the perfect counterpoint to my commercial/corporate work!! I'm working on the juxtaposition of typography and motion within the film at the moment! and how it can reflect what I was thinking and feeling at the time of the journey!!

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

duke and eye have been at each others' throats so i had to come in and reluctantly play the role of here by pulling em apart.

duke's letting his power go to his head and eye's getting so caught up in staying ahead that he posts like an animal, slobbering on himself and the like. much like a rabid dog... it's quite scary. i figured we should try to save them both before.... putting one or both down....

(oh yes, for those without a sense of humor, or who aren't freaks like me... that was all a joke.. duke is a humble guy and eye is such a smiler... so blah. i hate having to qualify so as not to make too big of waves blah)