dumb ebay search

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mgargan1, Sep 12, 2003.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

2. Physiognome macrumors member

"Feedback rating: Private."

Now, isn't that interesting?

3. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

How eBay allows these types of scam auctions to linger on is a mystery to me. Sure there are hundreds of thousands of auctions every day, but eBay could almost hire a fake Powerbook/G5/23" cinema display auction cop and he would stay very busy cleaning this crap off of eBay.

It's a shame (this coming from a former victim of a Powerbook scam on eBay...but I got my $$ back!!).

4. Chealion macrumors regular

A FP iMac's display sticking out of a Quick Silver? And they also use Apple's pic of a untidy PC versus the tidy G5 as pictures of the inside? They could at least get brains. If you get scammed by this shame on you for not doing any research. If I ever get scammed, it had better have been a damn good job, or else I'm an idiot. IMHO, its better to be beat by the best then to be beat by others because you weren't paying attention.

I am in no way promoting scamming. Scamming is wrong. And well scammers and spammers should both rot in hell.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

ebay has gone to hell lately. they just don't enforce their rules. it's pretty bad when you see the "learn how to get a plasma TV absolutely free!" on their Featured Auctions... and it's amazing how many guns are for sale, despite being totally against regulations...

pnw

6. Physiognome macrumors member

Well, considering how the iTunes and New Folder auctions got pulled after reporters covered it and asked them for comment, maybe we should try and interest some news site in Macintosh and other scams on eBay.

7. stoid macrumors 601

stoid