Dumb Moments with your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouieSamman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Have you ever had a realization or duh moment with your iPhone's hardware/software?

Software: I thought the only way to listen to voice mail was to click the speaker button rather than holding my ears up to the phones face to listen like any other regular call.

Hardware: Going into an Apple store to complain about one of the speakers not working and finding out one of them is the mic.

Let me hear yours!

2. macrumors 68040

3. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

None that I remember but damn, those are pretty stupid lmao

4. macrumors member

Well it's not really down to the software, but there was a time when the alarm went off and I "picked up the phone". I then proceeded to swear at the phone first thing in the morning as no-one was answering and was annoyed that I had been woken up :p

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Well thanks. I felt pretty stupid.

But as for the speakers I have heard other people has done the same as well.

6. macrumors 68020

No worries.

7. macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Well one day I was in the car and I had my iPhone with Navigon GPS app mounted on the window. Had to make a phone call and started freaking out because I thought I lost my phone...before realizing it was on my window. Felt really stupid.

8. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It happens, mainly to the people who have no idea what all the things are on their phone. I bet the look on the Genius's face was priceless.

9. macrumors 6502a

Mine:

1. holding it wrong

2. using google maps on a first date

3. investing hundreds in stereo equipment which no longer interface with my phone

10. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

My fiances cousin called me one day frantically..."MY IPHONE WONT RING OR MAKE ANY SOUNDS ANYMORE!!"

So i told him to restart the phone, and a load of other troubleshooting stuff. Nothing worked. Finally i told him i'd see him later on, so i'll take a look at it. But be prepared to have to exchange it.

Later on, i see him. He hands me the phone, and i can see the orange on the mute switch. Immediately i began throwing insults and verbal abuse.

He's like, OH is that what that thing is for?

11. macrumors member

Listen the music with the new earpod, sometimes I recalled that last time the sound was extremely awesome, this time the sound lacks of base and lack of everything. I tried to closed all the app and reboot the IP5.. finally I realized that there is a Right and Left earpod specificly for this new kind

12. macrumors 6502a

Waiting on a call to go though and realizing I did not hit the call button!

13. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I actually wished I had google maps on one of my first few dates when I almost got lost coming home from the airport I picked her up. I think that's more embarrassing than using a map app.

14. macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I can't think of any that I've done, but a friend of mine thought her iPhone was broken because it wouldn't rotate back to portrait orientation... She was holding the phone upside-down.

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors 6502

I spent about 10 minutes running around the house looking for my phone while running late. Finally found it when I complained to the person I was talking on the phone with that I could not find my phone anywhere.

17. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Wow so the phone you had when you bought the equipment will no longer inerface with the stereo. That is a shame.

18. macrumors regular

ROFL!! I've done that before, too :D

19. macrumors 6502a

ga'dim, you'all is some dumb motherf'ers around here lol

20. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

I've never had any, but a lot of my friends have thought "both" speakers didn't work on their iPhone. Then I told them one was a microphone....

21. macrumors 68020

sviato

Got my iPhone replaced at Apple so it came with the plastic covers on the screen and back. I cut off the bottom pieces to use as a temporary screen protector but when I got a call later in the day, I could barely hear the person on the line and got so mad thinking I got a phone with worse issues than I had before... then I realized the plastic cover doesn't have a cutout for the earpiece lol :p

22. macrumors regular

I keep using my phone upside down--you know, when you grab it out of your pocket without looking at it. I'm just too used to the headphone jack being on the top instead of the bottom.

23. macrumors 6502

When I first got my 5, Siri would randomly say words as I was typing, but not all words. Took me a while to find 'Speak Auto-text' was on.

24. macrumors regular

I've done this PLENTY of times.

25. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

Forgetting to lock the phone and putting it in my pocket. Sent phantom emails of gibberish to my clients.

Letting my girlfriend or someone play with my phone, and then thinking I lost my phone because I try to feel for it just a second later in my pocket.