Dumb question ahead.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gregorydanger, Sep 14, 2005.

1. gregorydanger macrumors member

I realize this is probably a stupid question but before I ask anywhere else and get flamed, I figured I'd ask here and get flamed first! :)

If I order an Apple product (specifically an iMac G5) over the telephone rather than online or at an Apple store, can I use two forms of payment (specifically two seperate credit cards)?

Just curious.

Thanks!

2. Euan macrumors regular

No sure. Personally I think you might need to be there in person (at an apple store) but best thing is to phone them up.

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, I've done that before when splitting purchases.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You can do it over the phone and in an Apple Reseller or store, but not over the net.

5. brepublican macrumors 6502a

brepublican

No way you can't. I tried doing that barely a month ago and drew a blank. After trying unsuccesfully online, I called 1-800-MY APPLE and they told me I could't do it over the phone either, that I had to go in to a store.

I went to the nearest store this weekend and bought myself some PB Cram et Jam on 2 credit cards... hope that helps. :rolleyes:

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Lucky you ;) the person that I got stuck with wouldn't let me so I went to the local Apple store and bought my iMac there with the stock HDD and the iPod Mini :eek:

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Not a dumb question at all.

Seems to depend on who you get at Apple when you call. Chances are it makes them more work. I would thank the person and then make a second call.

8. Euan macrumors regular

I think the same can probably be said for a lot of call centres!