Dumb Question Alert: MR and Safari

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Lord Blackadder, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Whenever I try adding emoticons or boldface/italics etc. to a post it places them at the end, not where the cursor is or around a highlighted word (in the case of text modifiers). This happens in Safari (current version) but not Firefox (v1.0 G4-enhanced version). Why is that?

Make sure to explain it in a patronizing tone with plenty of rolling eyes. :)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't know the reasons why, but Safari doesn't seem to support the WYSIWYG editor in vB fully/correctly. Something Apple needs to sort out I think.

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Can't explain but I noticed that a couple of hours ago,never tried it before.

4. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Ok, so I'm not crazy then. Good.

I usually do my posting at work on a Wintel w/IE, so I didn't notice it for the longest time.

5. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Internet Explorer (on Windows, at least, don't know about Mac) and Firefox (and Camino) support it. Safari and Opera doesn't.

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Safari doesn't support WYSIWYG in general. And Jelsot (owns vbulletin) friggen HATES this, you have no idea how many threads i have seen about safari issues with the WYSIWYG and AJAX system.

It's ridiculous

7. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I wonder why?

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Safari does have spell check though! Do any other browsers have spell checking, I haven't been able to find one?