Dumb question - iWeb - domain name - server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Black Frog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. The Black Frog macrumors newbie

The Black Frog

Feb 25, 2006
    Lalaland in a box
    Hi guys,
    I hope you can help me out, I'm kind of stuck.
    I have a domain name at godaddy, and I have heard here that you can easilly forward it to an iWeb (whitch I love by the way) url and mask it if you wanted to.

So ok.

I went there.
    frowarded the name.
    masked the iweb url...
    changed the name server to custom (like they said... but I've got the feeling the problem comes from there... they seem to want me to enter a server name???)

and the big fat NOTHING!

So my question to you people is: if I am supposed to enter in the Name Server box at godaddy the name of the mac server I use WHAT ON EARTH AM I TO WRITE!?

I really fell uber dumb... I hate the feeling.

I am getting tired of my own stupidity... that can't go on like that for ever... that's it! Tomorrow I call myself on the phone and tell myself I move out! Just the thought of sleeping in the same bed gives me the creeps... I snore, I can't sleep.

sorry it's late at night.

So please from the bottom of my heart if somebody could scribble a tiny tutorial on safely, easily forward my domain name from godaddy to my iWeb site without jumping a step, so I could tatoo it on my forehead and never have that problem again.

I would love him for ever (and a day)

Thanks soooo much
  2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    If you're using GoDaddy's masking service, you will want to leave the nameservers ALONE. As in, if you've changed them, revert them back to the default and I am sure it will work.
  3. The Black Frog thread starter macrumors newbie

The Black Frog

Feb 25, 2006
    Lalaland in a box

Thanks baummer, I finally fixed the problem and was - indeed - trying to mask the mac url with my domain name.

Thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind in the future. :)