Dumb Question to ask.....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by aaronl23, May 27, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a single 1.6 ghz processor on my G5. Is there anyway to get another 1.6 processor andup grade it to a dual 1.6ghz or is it impossible? Also I can not afford a Dual 1.8 2.0 or 2.5 2.7 so I CAN NOT afford it. :confused:

2. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

no

edit: suppose it isn't impossible (cause i know someone will post on here about linking multiple computers together, etc.) but it doesnt make any sense and would cost you more in the long run... why do you need dual anyway?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone know where I can find a 1.6 processor???

4. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You're not seriously gonna try this are you? I really recommend you don't. It's fine if you choose to ignore me, just make sure you post pictures. :p

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well how much do you think it will cost in the long rum Vs a 2.7 GHz Mac? I do video editing, graphic design, and gaminng.

6. macrumors 68000

Veldek

IIRC, there are connectors missing on the mainboard. So, it wouldn't be possible to do this.

7. macrumors 6502

You can upgrade your boot disk to a 10,000 rpm disk, or even a pair of 10000 rpm SATA drives inside. You can get an 8-channel SATA card and have a stinking fast 4- or 8- drive RAID array externally for your video and photo scratch disk. You can upgrade your video card to the fastest one available. You can upgrade your DVD drive to the best one available.

BUT you can not upgrade your processor. All of the things above will make speed improvements to your system.