dumb Wii question

Discussion in 'Games' started by buffalo, Dec 10, 2006.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

Sorry if this is stupid question, but does the Wii offer online gaming similar to the Xbox 360, PS3, and DS? If so, what games will support online and how much does it cost?

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It will pretty much be like the DS online. You get exchange friend codes. There isn't much else but it's free. Online games as of now is none I believe. I'm not usre about future games but there will definitely be a good amount. I hope. Oh! Super Smash Brothers Brawl! That was said to be online. If that's true it'll be awesome.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea same as the DS but with one Friend Code for the system. Currently you can send messages and view friends Mii's. No online play yet.

Metroid Prime 3 supposedly has online play too, or it will be activated/downloaded when the system is ready. Which could work, oh, oh so well.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed...just like the DS with the code thing....no online play yet but maybe in 2007 which is a serious bummer. I think the online play will be free..well at least last time I checked.

Bless

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

None of the launch titles, but Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Batallion Wars 2, and Super Smash Bros Brawl are all supposed to be online titles and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was originally supposed to be online but SE has been tight-lipped.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yowza. BWii online? I had no idea! Just got excited for it.

7. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, thanks. i'm thinking about getting an xbox 360 or wii sometime in the near future, but am not sure which one

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's online and it has LAN :D At Leipzig they had it set up in LAN mode, watch IGN's video, they play against someone in another room. :)
    http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/727/727452p1.html

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh ruddy nora. This is on my to buy list now. I know a few people who love these kind of games and a local multiplayer would seal the deal. haha.

Advance Wars Wii... your turn.