dungeon siege on g5

Discussion in 'Games' started by shake, Mar 2, 2005.

1. shake macrumors regular

hi there,
    wondering if there any dungeon siege players out there on a g5?

what kind of fps do you get one it? is it smooth ?
    on my digital audio g4 (gigadesigns dual 1ghz and radeon 9800 pro) it still runs choppy even at 640x480.

2. Jopling macrumors 6502

Don't worry about it.

You shouldn't have any problem with Dungeon Siege. My old 1ghz, 1 gig ram, 64 mb vram Powerbook ran it like butter. But then again, my 17 inch powerbook runs World of Warcraft better than my 20 inch iMac G5.

3. vsp macrumors regular

I run it just fine on a G4 AL PB, 1.25 GHz. 1 gig RAM and 64 MB video RAM. No choppiness at all.

The game did, however, bore me to tears. Does it ever get more interesting than the first 4 hours of gameplay indicate?

4. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Runs fine on mine, although it seems to freeze every once in a while for no apparent reason. I don't think I've played it since before 10.3.5 though.

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

6. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

The reason for that must be the GPU right :confused:

7. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Runs great on mine, graphics are really awesome, no loss of time waiting for new levels to load. Maybe you should wait for DS2 which is due out this Spring on other platforms and which hopefully MacSoft will port for us without too much delay.

P.S. Can't work out how to play without removing the CD (Disk image won't do the job) Made a search and read some talk about using Toast+Command but was just wondering if anyone has a more simple solution (without Toast) so I can run it off the HD :confused:

- Dal

8. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Ran super smooth on my 1ghz TiBook with a gig of RAM.

As for the game getting any better, yes and no. The premise didn't really change, you still just run around killing baddies. I suppose the overall story line improved with time. Biggest change was scenery though. As the game progressed I was more and more in awe of the environments. Especially the last one.

I played through to the end and while it entertained me, ultimately you didn't miss out on too much...

9. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

It runs OK on a stock G5.

I believe part of the problem with DS was that it had problems utilizing RAm and clearing it properly. As time went by, after playing for several successive hours, the game got increasingly choppy with subtle load lags (not to be confused with FPS lags). The game would freeze momentarily (I assume from loading new texture and map data into memory) much more often the longer I had the program up and running, and would often need to quit it and reload.