Duplicate Shared Muisc listing

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tag, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

So today I got my new powerbook 12"(Well it's refurbished but new to me :D ) in the mail from apple, and got it all set up and networked it wirelessly with my iMac. But I ran into a snare with iTunes. Both of my systems are using iTunes 4.7.1 and when I am on the PowerBook, under Shared Music, it lists my iMac's shared music twice. Both lists are identical in every respect, I even have to authenticate on both of them, so it seems like my powerbook is seeing the iMac twice.

Has anyone encountered this? I can't figure out how to make this duplication stop. I know I could just ignore it but this is really bugging me to see it listed twice everytime lol.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I've never seen this but could it be that you have two accounts on your iMac and both are running iTunes and therefore sharing their libraries?

3. tag thread starter macrumors 6502a

tag

No thats definitely not it, my iMac only has one account on it, not even root is enabled.

And now it just got even more odd. I just turned off Airport, and hooked up my Powerbook with the iMac via ethernet to transfer some rather large files and when I go into shared music, it only lists the iMac music once.

So for some reason it's only duplicating when I use iTunes with the wireless network.

4. tag thread starter macrumors 6502a

tag

Alright, I'm totally confused at this point, but the problem has magically fixed itself. The only thing I changed was that I allowed FTP and Remote Logins via the 'Shared' Preferences, so I'm not sure if that is what fixed it or not, though I can't imagine that it did, since that wouldn't make much sense. But anyways thanks for the input but it is still killing me that I don't know what fixed it.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I can't find anything on the Apple discussion boards about it. It's a really weird problem.