durability/toughness testing of macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by febbing, Jan 12, 2007.

1. febbing macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I am about to join the ranks of the macusers and was wondering if anyone has seen any reviews of the physical strength of a macbook - I know that no-one really wants to jump on/drop/ damage their favourite toy on purpose but usually you can find someone who has put ipods/phones/etc. to the test.

Basically I am wondering how tough the macbook "durable polycarbonate shell" is as I have a macbook on order (arrives next week - woohoo!) and my last laptop was fantastic to use with great touchpad, keyboard, screen but bit get a bit bashed up and prehaps wasnt strong enough for the rigours of being owned by me because I am a clumsy type and that just happens.

Also any recommends for a case - I am tending towrds a neoprene sleve in my existing bag as I have a special laptop backpack with cushioned sides etc that i new use as it is cumbersome and not useful if i want to carry other stuff too. I did look at a hard shell but am wondering how protective are these and how much do they weigh?

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    It is not built to military specifications.

Treat it as you would for a non milspec laptop :rolleyes: