Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Hey everyone,

This is quite a UK specific questions and is regarding the "sale of goods act 1979". I have had an iPad 4 for just over 3 years, purchased on release, and recently noticed that there seems to be something very small but noticeable between the LCD and the screen (possibly dust). Now I understand that products do have normal wear and tear, however this should not really affect the seal between the screen and the LCD unit of the iPad. The screen is in good condition, and the iPad has been looked after. The only significant wear and tear are scratches on the back. As I purchased the iPad more than 3 years ago, its completely out of Apple's warranty. I was wondering whether I could make a claim for apple to repair this under the "sale of goods act 1979" which states that products should be: as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. As the seal between the screen was inadequate I would argue that the iPad does not meet those terms.
I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with this and could offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.