dust under nano screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by orijinal, Oct 10, 2005.

1. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

is there any way to remove dust from inside the screen? can apple take care of this?

it may have been there from the opening of the package, i only noticed it right now in a different light.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

This seriously isn't a DIY job, especially if you want to keep your iPod's warrantee. If you live near an Apple Store, take it in and see what they have to say about it. It's difficult to say whether you'll get a repair/replacement without seeing it first. My guess is that they'll just tell you to live with it. :(

Just out of interest, how could dust have got behind the screen from opening the package?

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Probally it just came with it...you know it's pretty dusty...that place...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What, China? :)

5. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

well what do i do about it, it's like a dead pixel

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So is it a dead pixel or a piece of dust. If it's a pixel problem, Apple will repair it ASAP for you AFAIK but if it's dust then I think a repair/replacement would be unlikely. Try for it nonetheless. Talk to the Apple Store/reseller about it. :)

7. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

If there's dust in there scattered about and making the screen hazy, I'm pretty sure Apple would replace it. It should be sealed and free of dust, considering they are assembled in clean rooms (or are they?). This reminds of the problem Motorola had with its phones a while ago where dust would get in between the plastic and the screen over time. I don't remember what they did about it, but it wasn't a sealed part, so I don't think Moto replaced any of them.