Dust

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yaja123, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Yaja123 macrumors regular

I leave my powerbook open at night so it can come on, as scheduled, in the morning all loaded up ready for use! :p

But at night the dust settles.

Anyone know of a cover? Or anyone do anything to minimise dust getting into keyboard etc.

I use an air spray on my powerbook keyboard and all over every couple of days to give it a clean but just wondered what other people do? if anything....

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I think you're paranoid...

If you're already using compressed air on the keyboard "every couple of days", I don't think you really need to worry about dust settling overnight. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, might this be what you're looking for?

3. Yaja123 thread starter macrumors regular

noooooo....not paranoid :eek:

honest. just want to protect my lovely powerbook. if anything went wrong with it i dont know how id cope.... prob the best thing ive ever brought.

thanks for link. something to think about.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Why don't you just put it to sleep by closing it?

If not, there is always this. You can type without even taking it off. Apple even sells them so they are safe.

5. Yaja123 thread starter macrumors regular

Put it to sleep at night? That didnt cross my mind..... :rolleyes:

although sometimes it doesnt go to sleep because a program needs some kind of acknowledgement.....

but i suppose thats the answer, although i like the powerbook to have a nice proper nights rest - starting-up afresh in the morning :D

i dont like the keyboard cover - it will get dusty itself and look crap after awhile anyway. and i use the bluetooth external keyboard anyway.

the cloth is a good solution. could use a camera cloth but i might get it anyway.

6. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I put iSkin on Ti PB (as it is always on the open position on the desk---to prevent the wear and tear of the hinge mechanism) and I wash iSkin if it gest dusty. My 2 other Al PBs are in clam shell position with ACD screens. So, I just dust off with the soft computer towel (white ones you can buy at Staples or any other computer stores). If you want to prevent dusts from materalializing, you can run the air cleaners. I run 2 filter-type air cleaners and 2 Sharper Image silent air cleaner. So, not much to dust to worry about.

Also, I put in Radtech's PB screen protectors for my Al PBs (to protect the screen and to seal off the small space between the screen and key board when closed).

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Now I want to talk to all of you about dust...

You have to watch Little Britain to get this...

Attached Files:

• dust.png
      dust.png
      File size:
      121.3 KB
      Views:
  8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm a big fan of "George Dawes" :D

Back on topic: Why no just put a sheet of paper over your keyboard at night? That will prevent dust from getting into it and cost you next to nothing...

9. Switzermac macrumors regular

10. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This is what I generally use now, ever since a reader here commented on the dust and fingerprints on one of my Macs. Suiting up is optional, but I think the bonnets look pretty spiffy.
    [​IMG]