Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingpip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2016
Hello!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I've been capturing batches of DV tapes on a Sony Digital HD Videocassette Recorder HVR-1500 using QuickTime to record and save the footage. I had an American tape and changed the system settings to "59.94i (J)" to process NTSC video, and once that tape went through I changed the settings back to "50i (PAL)" to continue importing all the English tapes.

I now have this bizarre problem that when I use QuickTime to record a tape through the deck, when it has finished recording (all tapes are around 60 minutes), the captured video comes out at 400+ hours!!
The recording finishes earlier than the DV tape actually goes on for (losing about 5 minutes off the end) and there is this timecode of hundreds of hours which is the last frame.

I've tried resetting the tape deck to factory settings but I still have this problem- has anyone encountered this before or can give me any suggestions to get back to normal recording??

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 14.50.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 14.50.19.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 187
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.