DV Converters

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Macpoops, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I work in my schools digital media lab. Right now all of our DV bridges/converters are burned out. We had a few Dazzle Hollywood DV bridges and a few of by Sony before they discontinued them. I was wondering what else is out there with regards to DV-Bridges. I am aware of the offerings from Formac and Canopus. i was just curious as to see if there is anything else that i am missing. We're looking for something with firewire as well as something thats not overly expensive because we will be purchasing quite a few of them.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Re: DV Converters

AFAIK Hollywood, Formac, and Canopus are currently the only options for stand alone ADVC.

Lethal

3. hsilver macrumors regular

D/A Converter boxes

I use the Sony and am very pleased with it. It's sometimes available on Ebay. I've been disappointed by the Hollywood but have heard good things about the Formac.

Then there are various DV cameras that have a built in D/A converter with a pass-through.

4. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

We have some camcorders that have the built in A to Ds but we are reluctant to use them because we have several students who can seem to understand which way a firewire plug is ment to go in. E.G. they force it in the wrong way and short out the entire device. Needless to say it's easier to replace a 250 converter instead of a 1000 camera.

I love morons.....