Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I'm having a little trouble with our Sony GV-D1000e MiniDV tape deck. It won't eject a tape, and the error code (C32:10) apparently means you need to eject it and reinsert it.

Is there any way anyone knows about force ejecting these decks?

I'm a little wary about throwing it against the wall (must resist temptation), because it cost £1,400... :(

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
bigandy said:
I'm having a little trouble with our Sony GV-D1000e MiniDV tape deck. It won't eject a tape, and the error code (C32:10) apparently means you need to eject it and reinsert it.

Is there any way anyone knows about force ejecting these decks?

I'm a little wary about throwing it against the wall (must resist temptation), because it cost £1,400... :(

Have you tried cycling the power? If it won't come out your only options are to open up the deck and take it out yourself or pay someone to do it for your. If you open it up and see that the tape has been eaten I'd definitely take it to a repair shop.

Lethal

bigandy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Yeah, it's going nowhere :(

I've brought it home to hopefully crack open tomorrow if the Sony Centre in town can't offer any help (they've been good in the past). Just a little worried because these damn things are soooo expensive!

Thanks for your reply :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.