DVD Authoring from DivX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andysmith, Jan 20, 2005.

1. andysmith macrumors 6502

I used to use NeroVision Express on my HP laptop to burn DivX and XviD to DVD, with a quick menu - it was all dead easy to just drag on the files at let it do its stuff, and it supported 'long play' mode, where you could get over 3hrs on a disc. But I've sold it now.
    Over the past few weeks, I've been ripping some of my favourite episodes of Friends into XviD files with Handbrake, and I just presumed that I could drag them into iDVD and it'd re-encode them - but it seems that isn't the case. I've tried Toast - it takes around 6 hours, and has no support for menus, and I can only fit 90mins per disc.
    I googled a bit, and found a program called 'Sizzle' - which looked like it would do, but even that doesn't like DivX :(

Does anyone have any suggestions, short of re-encoding to MPEG2 beforehand?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Well, I would have recommended Toast. As you said it takes some time to reencode, but I don’t think it would have been instant on your PC, because there are a lot of calculations necessary which take their time. I don’t know of a time limitation in Toast, but it can‘t overburn. I don’t know of any other apps that are as easy as Toast, sorry.