DVD Burner in Powerbook - wrecked!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by enoch, Mar 28, 2005.

1. enoch macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005

Cannot insert blank CD disc's into my computer. It just spit them right out.

I've tried repairing permissions, rebooting AND Macjanitor. After I use Macjanitor, I can insert the disc, start the burning process and then get an error message.

(I don't know about DVD's. I don't need to burn a DVD right now, and it would be a little bit expensive to find out that I can't use them.)

I'm seeing a lot of other cases of similar activity on the apple powerbook board, in a very recent timescale... somebody mentioned the recent security update.

So... has apple wrecked my Powerbook? And is there anything I can do about it?
  2. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    I had a similar problem with my PB 17" 1.33 a year ago. I took it in and the SuperDrive was replaced at no charge due to AppleCare. From drop off at the local AppleStore to pickup it was a 2.5 day turn around time. Do you still have AppleCare for your PB?
  3. enoch thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2005
    No applecare for me - but I'm insured up the wazoo. Plus, the one (that's one, single, lonely applestore) in the UK is at the other end of the country.