DVD burning in iTunes4

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by homeshire, May 11, 2003.

1. homeshire macrumors regular

i posted this also at apple/support/discussions, but am not getting a resolution. i want to burn my (modest) iTunes music collection to DVD (283 tunes, 1.05 GB). i recently hosed my whole system, and have had to erase and rebuild from scratch with poor and incomplete (and sometimes nonexistent) backups. i insert a dvd-r purchased from my local apple store, and iTunes comes back and tells me it's ready to burn 250 files. i have 283, almost all of which are burned on various CDs, and suffice for backup, but it is hardly an elegant solution. i don't want to use a DVD for a partial collection burn when it should not come close to the full capacity of the disc. further info: iTunes 4 set in prefs to burn Data CD, Quicktime 6.2, OS X 10.2.6. is there something i'm just not getting? why will it not recognize and burn all 283? thanks :confused:

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: DVD burning in iTunes4

Just go to your music folder and drag the folder or music files to your DVD. Then chose burn from the 'file menu' in the finder. I find that to keep DVD data burns reliable in the finder it helps to keep the amount of data to under 4.1GB.

3. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

Re: DVD burning in iTunes4

check your file in iTunes and see if you have unchecked songs, if you do and it should be 33 of them, iTunes will recognize all 283.

Tyler

4. homeshire thread starter macrumors regular

TyleRomeo --

indeed your suggestion was the resolution to this issue. now, on to the next issue, hence my newest post. thanks much.