DVD burning on IMAC question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mith, Nov 3, 2006.

1. mith macrumors regular

basically i just want to rip a dvd into the iMac den burn it into a blank dvd so i can have two copies,question is simple,,,( am a new mac user) anyz i just used MacTheRipper - 2.6.6 to rip a dvd , now i see the file on my computer ( it'z a 7.something GB file)- (it playz--that's all fine)--now how do i burn it back on to a blank dvd? which would i neeed DVD-R or DVD+ R , and do i need to use handbrake to compress it to another format like MPEG 4, and if i do that can i burn that to a DVD>

so ya without using handbrake to compress it how do i burn what i have on my desktop now, or after using handbrake, how do i burn that to a blank dvd , (like what do i have to click on and all , u know like procedure>?

and also do i need like a dvd burning software, or does the Imac come with one? IDVD>? am confused..thx in advance

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Well, for starters, does your iMac even have a DVD burner? Is it a new model or on the older side? Is it the $999 model?

3. mith thread starter macrumors regular

i have a 24-inch imac core 2 duo, hope that helpz, it;z my first mac,,, anyz if anyoen oen can answer my question, it will be greatly appreciated ..