dvd burning software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by t-wolf, Aug 23, 2005.

1. t-wolf macrumors newbie

hey there, can anyone help me with mac burning software for osx?
    i have tried mac the ripper and popcorn, but i can only burn burnt dvd's
    or dvd's that are old and under 4.7 mb. i have heaps of friends with pc's and they had no hassel, is it possible to successfully do it on a mac?
    thanks
    t-wolf :)

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    are you trying to burn pressed DVD movies? If so, you'll need to compress them.
    Do a search if you are, there's quite a few threads on that subject already.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Really, you actually tried using popcorn? :rolleyes:

Since popcorn does the compression, I am guessing you haven't actually tried it.

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Really should do a search before asking. That said, I use Mac the Ripper to rip the DVD and DVD2One to compress the ripped file down to 4.4 GB. Then I use toast to burn it to a 4.7 GB DVD. I hope this helps.

5. Preacher85 macrumors member

Preacher85

I use MacTheRipper and Pocorn, and have NEVER had a problem. Make sure the auto-compression is on in Popcorn, then hit burn. The end product should be viewable on your Mac, any PC with a DVD reader, or just about any commercial DVD player.

Note: The compression takes a while. Be patient, and make sure your Mac doesn't go to sleep! If it goes to sleep it will really fudge things up!

Hope this helps. :p

6. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Preacher85 makes a good point. Assuming you're new to mac, you can change these settings in your System Preferences, make sure the Harddrive is set to "Never" to sleep. You should be fine to do what you want to do with the software you already have. (Display can sleep).