DVD burning software...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Guitarst81, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Guitarst81 macrumors newbie

I have recently purchased Toast 7 Titanium, and I am trying to figure out how to burn .avi/.mpeg's onto DVDs for personal use. Do I need some sort of compressor/uncompressor for this to work? I tried using iDVD, and it said that I needed a dual layer DVD in order for it to burn the information onto it. Suggestions?

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, a few things depend and they are time (how long is the total) and size as you found out. Since these are mpegs if you want all of them on one disc then yes you need to compress it down to fit onto a dvd or you could use a DL dvd and not worry. For some of my mpegs I've had to split up a season on two dvds since the DL was not what I wanted at the time nor was any quality issues. Now if you want to compress them try DVD2oneX as this is for Macs but it will cost you. I have not used this method for my mpegs as of yet but some others may have a better way of doing this.
    The way I do my dvds is Mac the Ripper, DVD2oneX and last Toast 6 Ti. and enjoy from there.
    So Toast 7 is out now? :rolleyes:

3. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

From my experience, isn't much, in Toast 6, drag the avi or mpeg file to the video tab and make sure you have the correct media checked off on the slide out (VCD, super VCD or DVD Video). Toast will then encode the avi or mpeg to the appropriate files and size to fit the media that you chose. This is not fast though. Hours of wait time potentially, and I don't know about the quality of the compression (the files I've done haven't been that large so I didn't see any degradation). Then you burn it. Hope this helps

4. Guitarst81 thread starter macrumors newbie

My fault, I meant I have Toast 6... I'm just waiting to get 7. Thank you for your responses - I appreciate them greatly. I am going to try what you suggested and I will see if it works out for me. Thanks again!