DVD Burning...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Sep 6, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

i jus used popcorn to "backup" a movie...and it took quite a while...about 45 minutes...is there any way to not let popcorn verify the end??? how long does it take you guys in total???

i used my powerbooks superdrive

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Popcorn is a good program but very slow, as for the veryfying at the end you can just click on "skip" and that will save you the time of veryfying, i dont know if there is a way to turn that off in the preferences,

Shadow

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

You can turn it off in the dialogue box that opens just before you burn the disc. After you uncheck the box, it should stay like that so you don' have to go change it for every disc.

4. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

How long does it take you guys in general to burn a full length dvd?? using popcorn, and apple's superdrive??

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Do you want the burn time only or the whole process, i.e. rip/compress/burn?
    This is different for me since I use other programs/dvd burner but the outcome is still good, rip (20-25mins) compress (30-60mins) then burn (5mins) if this helps for time sake :)

6. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

well i rip with mac the ripper (20-25)...then i just use popcorn and drag in the VIDEO_TS folder. im assuming that popcorn compresses it..

7. Kalinatek macrumors regular

it took me yesterday like an hour to rip the dvd(mac the ripper) then copy it to a blank Dvd-r (toast) . on my 2.0 iMac with 1 GB ram.

8. Detlev_73 macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

Popcorn?!

Why use Popcorn? Get Mac the Ripper to rip the content. If you need to remove regional coding, or any other type of coding (hint-hint), use DVD2oneX to bring down to 4.3 GB in order to fit on one single-layer blank DVD±R, THEN burn with Toast! ;)

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I use my 16x LaCie to do the heavy work (faster rip/burn times) than the iMacs but we really have about the same specs with more ram in my iMac than yours but not much.

Straight process: MTR/DVD2oneX/Toast...where DVD2oneX inplace of popcorn but the rest is the same.