DVD copies

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by adamfilip, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. adamfilip macrumors 6502a

    adamfilip

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2003
    Location:
    burlington, Ontario canada
    #1
    Once i get my G5, i was hoping there was a way to make backup copies of my dvd movies. some of them seem to scratch easy

    is there any application that can make a perfect dvd copy?
     
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
    #3
    Re: DVD copies

    LMAO! "backup"(s)! That line never gets old for me! :D :p
     
  3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

    beez7777

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2002
    Location:
    Notre Dame
    #4
    Re: Re: DVD copies

    well, do you think he'd get a better response if he said, "i want to borrow movies from my friends and from blockbuster and rip them onto my hard drive so i dont have to buy them myself."?

    (i'm not saying this is what he's doing neccesarily)
     
  4. adamfilip thread starter macrumors 6502a

    adamfilip

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2003
    Location:
    burlington, Ontario canada
    #5
    no never i would never do such an immortal act :cool:
     
  5. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

    GeeYouEye

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2001
    Location:
    State of Denial
  6. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

    LimeLite

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2003
    Location:
    Los Angeles, Ca
    #7
    Immortal? Didn't realize copying DVD's from blockbuster gave you eternal life.
     
  7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

    MacsRgr8

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2002
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #8
    LOL! What a typo can do....

    BTW, I use DVD Backup to extract the DVD files to my disk. Then I use DVD Imager to make a "burnable" Disk Copy image. Hope this helps.
     
  8. the future macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2002
    #9
    This will only work for DVDs that are < 4.7 GB (= DVD-5/one-layer-DVD) which are approx. 10% of commercial movie DVDs. The other 90% are dual-layer DVDs with up to 9.4 GB of material. In this case you will need DVD2oneX to compress the movie so it will fit on a DVD-R. A good Mac forum for this kind of stuff is http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
     
  9. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

    MacsRgr8

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2002
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #10
    Tnx for the link! Very handy. :)
     

Share This Page