DVD copying

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BakedBeans, Jul 11, 2004.

1. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

if i were to copy a dvd film, which would be the fastest way... just copy the file to your hardrive then to the disc?? or is tere another way?

2. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Since commercial DVDs have various forms of copy protection simply copying the content of the disc then burning it wont work.

There are several utilities that can copy DVDs, try searching MacUpdate you should be able to find several.

Stealing is very naughty, only copy discs you own for backup purposes… blah blah.

3. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

funny enough it is for my own purposes...but anyway can you reckomend a name???

4. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Well it's been over a year since I've tried copying a DVD, so I'm a little hesitant to recommend any particular program.

But… the one I was using at the time was DVD2oneX which worked pretty well, but it's also expensive. You can download a demo to get a feel for it too.

I've also heard good things about MacTheRipper, the best part being it's free.

EDIT: The good thing about DVD2oneX is it'll re-encode a dual layer commercial DVD to fit on a single layer recordable DVD, I'm not sure if any other software does that also.