DVD creator?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by ame8199, Apr 7, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

So I know where to get DVD creators but I'm wondering if someone can tell me one that will do exactly what I'm wanting to do...

I would like to take some pictures and video clips that I've taken myself and put songs behind the progression of it. I'd like to use more than 1 song that I've already bought in iTunes.

Is this possible?? I'm willing to buy the software. iMovie just confuses me so I'm looking for something drop in and create....
    Thanks

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Honestly, learn iMovie. There are a handful of some nice free PDFs out there that will help you. There is nothing that works just as easy once you get the hang of it. :)

Here is Apple's guide too: http://help.apple.com/imovie/

3. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

iMovie will do exactly what you want. If nothing else, take the time, and patience, and work through the iMovie Help files. Everything you want to do is in there.

You then use your DVD app to put the finished Project onto a dvd.

4. macrumors newbie

delphus

I would say most of what you want. I'm. Not an idvd or iMovie fan but when comes to deal with subtitles they both sucks. And I could not find a good app to handle encoding movies with subtitles...

5. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Well...the OP never mentioned subtitles.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Nope no need for subtitles

7. macrumors regular

I also recommend iMovie, it's very potent and you already have it. But you may want to check out Premiere Elements Quick Editor, which is like an uber-light version of Adobe Elements (even more basic than Premiere Elements), but for some people it's more understndable and capable than iMovie. It's 30 bucks at the App Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-premiere-elements-11/id575252018?mt=12